When selecting the optimal set of KPIs, it is vital that they are effective specifically for your case. While there is no one-size-fits-all package, Asolytics recommends that you choose metrics that allow you to cover the five main segments listed below. In addition to the indicators that we have already described in the previous paragraphs, you can also use extra ones:
- Mobile gaming growth rate: downloads, reinstalls, sign-ups, customer base growth rate, etc.;
- User experience quality: crashes, breakdowns, user action errors, replayability, progress, and so on;
- Customer engagement: MAU, churn rate, stickiness, session length, and their number per day;
- Monetization model: average transaction value, cost per install, and purchase time;
- Infrastructure: throughput, infrastructure cost, latency, uptime, and more.
The choice of specific metrics depends on the complexity of your project and the monetization model. Some are only applicable to free-to-play games; others are available for any kind. In addition to the indicators covering the segments described above, choosing those that will help you evaluate both short-term and long-term actions is essential as well.
When working on games, you need to try to avoid stagnation, which often happens to newcomers after a quick start and then a gradual decline. If it does happen, using suitable KPIs will help you identify weak points and work on them.