Mobile game influencer marketing is the process of collaboration between mobile game devs or publishers and thought leaders in their niche for the purpose of spreading the word about their product. Throughout this collaboration, influencers make the most of their online presence on Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube to promote mobile gaming apps to their followers.
That said, an influencer is anyone with the power to impact their audience’s real-life actions and decisions. Below, you’ll find two major types of influencers:
- social media influencers: they are people with a large fanbase within any of the popular social media platforms;
- thought leader influencers: they are people who have earned recognition and respect within their specific field of expertise. They may also have a lot of social media followers.
Additionally, influencers are also classified depending on how many followers they have:
- nano influencers: they have from 1,000 to 10,000 followers;
- micro-influencers: they have from 10,000 to 100,000 followers;
- mid-tier influencers: they have from 100,000 to 500,000 followers;
- macro influencers: their audience ranges from 500,000 to 1M followers;
- mega influencers (or celebs): they boast over 1 million followers.
Bear in mind that not only people can be influencers. Sometimes they are social media accounts or online publications that hold widespread recognition, trust, and a devoted following. TouchArcade, an online platform that features the latest mobile game reviews and industry insights, is a notable example in this context. Its passionate community of gamers deeply trust the platform’s recommendations and reviews.