An essential reason to blend SEO and ASO into your broader app marketing strategy is their distinct ranking factors. To make things more intriguing, iOS and Android play a bit of a ranking roulette with apps, each with its own set of rules. It's like two different chefs using the same ingredients but cooking up unique flavors in the mobile app kitchen!
SEO has undergone a transformation in its two-decade journey. The focus has shifted from merely pleasing search algorithms to enhancing user experiences. This involves crafting captivating websites, working up top-notch content, incorporating links to reputable sites, and reducing loading times. While keywords and content remain paramount, their usage and search engine ranking methods have evolved.
Your SEO ranking checklist should encompass:
- utilizing relevant keywords within title tags, headers, and content;
- giving priority to top-notch, contextually fitting content;
- fine-tuning URLs and meta tags;
- boosting page load speed;
- adding links to and relevant sources;
- decreasing bounce rates;
- encouraging users to spend more time on a page.
Despite its shorter list of ranking criteria, ASO's significance remains just as high. ASO's core principles trace back to SEO basics, with a central emphasis on using keywords correctly. Finding the appropriate keywords demands a touch of expertise and substantial research effort. To elevate your app store ranking, prioritize:
- how you position keywords in the app name or title (iOS and Android);
- utilizing keywords in the app subtitle (iOS) or description (Android);
- composing an excellent detailed description (both);
- optimizing the keyword section (iOS).
However, ASO isn't solely centered on keywords (though it would be convenient); other factors influencing your ranking consist of:
- the overall download count and download velocity;
- metrics related to usage and quality;
- download statistics;
- uninstallation frequency;
- app crashing rate;
- backlink volume (Android).
At the end of the day, ASO excels in the app-focused environment, optimizing discoverability and user acquisition, while SEO dominates web searches, driving website traffic and online visibility. Combining their strengths provides a comprehensive approach, doubling your chances of success on the always-changing digital scene.